Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
Backing up Superpay to your Hard Drive
In “File Explorer”
1. Create a “Backup Superpay” directory in (C:) Drive
Right click on C:\ root directory, select “New” & “Folder” - name as Backup Superpay
2. Copy to folder – Right click on the “Superpay” directory the payroll is located in and select “Copy to folder”
3.Rename – Right click on the backed up directory called “Superpay” as copied behind
“Backup Superpay” and select “rename”
• Rename this directory with today’s date behind Superpay
( Example: “Superpay 31 Jan 2015) so you can keep a backup for every month without overwriting it
Copying the Superpay Backup to a memory stick (USB flash drive)
1. Send to – Right click on the backed up directory and select “send to”
- select the flash drive to copy to
Backup to DropBox
A backup can also be saved to Dropbox, by having the “Backup Superpay” folder underneath the Dropbox folder, instead of on the (C:) Drive
Why we recommend backing up to the hard drive first ?
So that you can gain immediate access to your backup, even if the off-site backup memory stick is not at hand.
Why we recommend you need to copy this hard drive backup to a memory stick ?
So that you have an off-site backup should you hard drive fails
Why should my anti-virus program not scan the Superpay directory ?
The payroll files updates each other, especially when you roll forward for the month or year. If this process is interrupted, your data may be corrupted.
View or download pdf "How to back up SuperPay to your hard drive"
Please Log in to join the conversation.